Tuesday, December 16, 2014

More Christmas-y things

The last couple days have been very festive!

On Sunday we headed up to Seattle to see the PNB's The Nutcracker.  I had seen it when I was like 11 and have been wanting to see it since.  It is the last year of the Stowell/Maurice Sendack (he does "Little Bear" next year they are using a new director and the artist that does "Olivia Pig") set so I told Andy we HAD to go.  I LOVE dance so I was sooooooo excited when he got tickets.  The Seattle Center (where McCaw Hall is) had a winterfest going on so we got to hear a band while we ate our burgers beforehand.






You can't take pics of the actual ballet but it was AMAZING.  It is so pretty I could watch all day.  I wish I had those skills.

Afterwards, we went over to Greenlake.  It was quite convenient because The Oatmeal (a hilarious web comic that lives in the area and did the "Beat the Blerch" run) decided about a week ago he would post a last minute fun run in the dark around Greenlake (which is a 5k or you could do 2 laps for 10k).  The requirements were to dress obnoxiously Christmas-y and be sure to wear battery operated lights.  You can't really see mine in the pic because they are on my hat.  It was SO cool though.  There were at least a couple hundred people and they had a drone take footage (you can find on my or his FB page for the video).  It was one of the coolest runs I've seen.  You could see people's reflections in the lake which was neat.

My parents watched the kids and Sawyer decorated an old gingerbread man...then ate all the candies off.

On Monday evening we did our make-up trip to Fantasy Lights since our last one they were closed due to wind knocking down displays.  It is fun because you just drive through 2 miles of awesome displays that phone pics will never do justice.  It is funny because all the kids get out of their car seats and sit up front with their parents and hang out of the sun roof and the boys just loved every minute of it.  It was also funny to see babies driving cars.  The speed max is 5mph so it wasn't dangerous (trust me, I'm one for car seat safety).  They extended the half price nights so we definitely got our $7/car worth.  It was so pretty!





No comments:

Post a Comment