Thursday, April 21, 2011

10 months!

The Bean is 10 months old now.  It feels like time went so fast, yet I feel like we've had him around forever at the same time.

He is learning new things- he can cruise and pick up small food with his 2 fingers now.  He calls me mama or mom and says baba when he sees a baby in a book (or mirror).  He also randomly makes the mamama bababa or dadada sounds.  He waves but not when we are trying to show him off to people.  His hair is getting TOO long.  He still wont look at people that are holding him, and he wants to be everywhere but the place he is at the second.  Luckily, he still sleeps whenever he is in a car.

People have been asking us lately "when will you have #2?".  Plans changed.  Originally i was all set on wanting them 2 years apart so they could go to school together, etc. and get prego this summer. HAH.  I decided he can be 3 for the next one for the following reasons:

-I saw a few  2 year olds.  Not all 2 year olds are potty trained (though me, my brother, and my babysitter's kids all get trained by 2 so i am hopeful he will be) and i will NEVER purposely have 2 in diapers at the same time. (Note, purposely).  Also, 2 year olds are annoying. Dont get offended if you have one, they just are. They dont know any better.  They can't talk well so Beany wouldnt be much help with the baby.

-I do not want to get pregnant again this soon. It was like the worst thing ever for me and i had an easy pregnancy compared to others and i'm afraid it will be worse next time.  I always gagged easily which let to throwing up at bad times while eating.  You can't see the baby so i was constantly worried he was in trouble and i wouldnt know he died.  He pushed on things that were uncomfortable.  I had to get up to use the bathroom 3 times a night.  I couldnt breathe. My feet and legs were swollen, and my whole body blew up because you cant do normal exercising and a proper "diet" is hard when most food makes me sick.  I am finally getting back to normal and i just dont want to go through all of that again!

-I like playing rugby and you can't play sports when you're pregnant (too much risk getting hit in the tummy!)

-Too expensive.  They say babies cost $1,000 a month, and i thought it was a joke.  When you add everything up (babysitter, insurance, food, diapers, clothes, hospital) it is no lie!  I am so lucky we have a cheap friend babysitter because real daycares are over $1,000 in themselves...and we are lucky I pay like nothing for insurance. We do not have another baby in our budget, and i dont know what we would have done if he was a girl and we didnt get all of Cooper's old clothes! With the new car, house, braces, and the bills we have now, we will have to wait a couple years to be able to afford baby.

-I like our little family like it is :)

So there you have it :)  Anyone that asks, it will probably be awhile.  I am not worried about them "not bonding" becasue one of my best friends was really close to her sister 3 years younger growing up, and another is really close to her sister 5 years younger.  I dont think it will be more than 3, but don't expect another one too soon :)

2 comments:

  1. Someday Beany will have a sibling!! No rush :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our little family too... it's hard to think about making it bigger.

    Happy 10 months stink Bean.

    Everett is getting really excited to see our family pictures. I seriously can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete